A ST HELENS man wanted in connection with a domestic assault is among a list of nine men Merseyside Police has issued an appeal to trace.
Police are seeking public help help in catching nine of Merseyside’s most wanted men during a week of action.
The men are wanted in connection with a variety offences including domestic violence, wounding, robbery and burglary, with dozens wanted across the country.
Thomas Kay, 24, from St Helens, is wanted by officers in connection with a domestic assault.
The last time the force ran Operation Chapar, officers arrested 91 fugitives and 88 more handed themselves in after a publicity campaign on social media and the press.
Using the hashtag #MPCommunityFirst neighbourhoods policing teams will be taking to their Twitter accounts to update communities on their progress as well as encouraging information in from the public.
Superintendent Mark Morgan, who is coordinating the force-wide operation, which involves local police officers and PCSOs, detectives, roads policing units and specialist search teams, said people wanted in connection with ongoing cases should expect a knock at the door.
“Operation Chapar has already resulted in dozens of outstanding and wanted individuals being brought into custody and either put before the courts or put back in prison,” he said.
“A concerted effort by teams from across the force led to 91 people being caught and, as word spread, a further 88 handing themselves in.
“We are maintaining the pressure on more people like this who know they are wanted but have yet to do the right thing and come forward. This second week of action aims to build on the momentum and galvanise public support for what we’re trying to achieve which is to make our communities safer.
“Our most wanted individuals are on our website and social media under the hashtag #MPCommunityFirst and I would encourage people to take a look and share information with us so that we can put as many people as possible behind bars.”
The other eight most wanted individuals in Merseyside are:
– David Costello, aka David Bigley, 23, from Netherton who is wanted in connection with domestic assault and wounding
– Jason Curry, aged 22, from Huyton who is wanted in connection with domestic assault and making threats
– Liam McCabe, aged 26, from Kirkby who is wanted in connection with a robbery against a woman
– Ricky Hemmings, aged 35, from Kirkby who is wanted in connection with a wounding outside a pub
– Stuart Vest, aged 61, from Pensby who is wanted in connection with a distraction burglary at the home of a pensioner
– Terrence Gilmore, aged 32, from Wavertree who is wanted in connection with the robbery of a taxi driver
-Sean Bethell, aged 18, from Toxteth who is wanted in connection with a city centre stabbing and a domestic assault
– John Mullally, aged 54, from Norris Green who is wanted on recall to prison following a 14 year sentence for drugs supply
Police say a tenth person was due to feature in the list but has been arrested following an appeal on social media.