Here’s the afternoon forecast from the National Weather Service. It will be cloudy with a high near 62 degrees. Tonight will be cloudy then gradually becoming partly cloudy with a low around 52 degrees.
• Based on historic weather patterns, the Midwestern United States can expect the drought of the century around 2025, according to Elwynn Taylor, a climatologist for Iowa State University Extension, Ames. Read more.
• Entertainment reporter Amanda Hancock dishes up her six picks for weekend fun in the Quad-Cities. And, as they say, you won’t believe #5. Read more.
CrimeStoppers of the Quad-Cities has added to its ‘most wanted’ list. They are seeking the public’s assistance in locating:
• Christopher Wheeler, 47, is wanted by Iowa DOC for escape. He failed to return to work release on Oct. 7.
• Abrion Austin, 32, has been wanted by East Moline Police since January 2015. He has a warrant for home invasion and aggravated battery.
Any one with information about these fugitives or any other felony fugitives, are asked to call the tip line (309) 762-9500 or submit your secure tip on our facebook home page by clicking on the “Submit a Tip” tab. DO NOT APPROACH ANY OF THESE SUSPECTS!
• There won’t be a quiz at a later date, but today’s Hawkeye 10@10 is a history lesson. How much do you know about Kinnick Stadium?
Today’s bye week special edition of the Hawkeye 10@10, your daily dose of Iowa news and notes, is all about the home of the Hawkeyes. Read more.
Erie County's Most Wanted fugitives, April 26, 2018 GoErie.com About Erie County Most Wanted: The Erie Times-News each Thursday publishes information about suspects sought by the Erie County Sheriff's Office. Since the feature began in March 2004, 1,091 suspects have been taken into police custody. Information ...